What do I need to know before starting work in Hainan?

By Li Xiang / hiHainan / Updated: 2020-12-01,21:45

If you are interested in working and living in Hainan, chances are you have many questions. If that’s you, youve come to the right place! Upon the 6 month anniversary of the release of the Master Plan for the Construction of the Hainan Free Trade Port, HIMC has put together a list of the most asked questions by people from outside China according to the Hainan government service hotline ”12345. Today we are going to tell you what you need to do before starting work in Hainan.

According to the Exit and Entry Administration Law of the People's Republic of China, non-Chinese citizens who want to work in Hainan should obtain an entry visa, a work permit, and a work residence permit before starting work. Below is the general application procedure:

For more information, please contact:

● Hainan Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs: 0898-65326830

● Haikou Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs: 0898-66750650

● Sanya Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs: 0898-88263681

● Danzhou Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs: 0898-23339796

● Yangpu Economic Development Zone: 0898-28829876

For companies with work sites located in the Hainan Ecological Software Park, Fuxing City Internet Innovation and Entrepreneurship Park, Boao Lecheng International Medical Tourism Pilot Zone, or Yazhou Bay Science and Technology City, applicants may apply for their work permits directly from the parks.



Having questions about living or working in Hainan? Leave it below. 

We shall contact you by email once we have the answers for your questions.

Our Privacy Statement & Cookie Policy

By continuing to browser our site and use the services you agree to our use of cookies, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You can change your cookie settings through your browser.

I agree